Sir Thomas the Hesitant and the Table of Less Valued Knights, by Liam Perrin
Early on in the novel, Sir Thomas goes on a date with the lovely Marie and what follows is an adorable scene in which they share a slice of cheesecake, named White Chocolate Heaven. Cheesecake cocktail? You don’t need to ask me twice.
You will need:
- Martini glass
- Cocktail shaker
- 5-6 ice cubes
- 2 saucers
- 2x graham crackers, digestive biscuit or other cheesecake base type crumbs
- 2 tbsp white chocolate sauce, plus a little extra to rim the glass
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz vodka (Non-Alcoholic Substitute: Omit this Ingredient)
- 2 oz half & half or cream (Non-Alcoholic Substitute: Additional 2 oz Half & Half or Cream)
Crush your graham crackers/biscuit into fine crumbs, and pour onto one of your saucers. On the other saucer, pour a small amount of white chocolate sauce. Run the rim of your martini glass through the sauce and then dip into the crumbs until the rim is fully coated. Tap the glass to knock off any loose crumbs, and set to one side.
Put your ice into the cocktail shaker, then add vanilla extract, softened cream cheese (best way to soften the cream cheese is to microwave it for about 15sec), 2 tbsp white chocolate sauce, vodka and half & half/cream (it’s ah, not a diet cocktail). Shake vigorously for 8-10 secs to give the cream cheese a chance to fully break up. Strain into your prepared glass. Sprinkle a pinch of your graham cracker crumbs on top for the final touch.
Share with a loved one, and talk with your mouth full. It’s too good for manners. 🙂