Renovation is often a labor-intensive process, and many aspects must be taken into account. Often, when renovating apartments, people make mistakes that ultimately lead to unfortunate consequences. Because of such errors, it may be necessary to do all the work again. We have collected tips to help you avoid oversights and complete your repairs efficiently.
This process is very responsible. Redevelopment of the apartment involves the demolition of walls and, possibly, the construction of new ones. Regardless of the complexity of the work, it is necessary to prepare a project in which all the information regarding the walls to be demolished, the ceilings to be erected will be indicated.
In addition, the project must be approved by the design and inventory office. Approval involves the submission of a package of documents. Therefore, before redevelopment, it is imperative to collect these documents and go through the approval procedure – without this, the work will be illegal.
If you are not sure that you will do the work correctly, it is better to entrust the case to a specialist. When the wall is demolished, communications or supporting structures can be touched, which will lead to disastrous consequences.
Replacing the wiring also requires a separate electrical project. It should reflect all planned sockets, switches, and lamps. It is necessary to compose it when the arrangement of furniture in the room is thought out. Then the sockets will be at a convenient height and in the right place.
Many people with a separate bathroom eventually conclude that combining a bathroom and toilet is a good idea. This idea is only good when there is a second toilet in the house. A combined bathroom will be convenient, provided that only one person lives in the apartment. If there are more households, then such a decision will lead to constant discomfort.
The combination of the kitchen with the living room also looks dubious. The decrease in the number of rooms leads to the fact that residents simply have nowhere to retire. Therefore, such a solution will be appropriate only when each of the tenants has a separate room with a good door.
Bathroom And Toilet
When renovating the bathroom and toilet, do not try to save on materials. If you shell out and buy high-quality plumbing, then it will last a long time and not bother you with all sorts of surprises like leaks. Accordingly, the risk of flooding of neighbors will also decrease.
The tiles need to be laid only when the work on changing the communications is completed. In addition, it is advisable to order a slightly larger volume when purchasing than is needed for full coverage. This is necessary to carry out a local replacement even when such a tile has already been taken out of production.
Organization Of Space
To have no problems with the placement of things after the repair, it is recommended to immediately allocate space for a dressing room or wardrobe. That being said, a dressing room is a more practical option. It has enough space to fold the clothes and shoes of the whole family and the equipment used from time to time.
Expert advice for repairs:
- Do not put parquet or laminate in the kitchen – they will quickly deteriorate due to the operating conditions.
- A very practical solution would be to install a water-proof socket in the bathroom. With it, you can use a razor, hairdryer, and other accessories right in the bathroom.
- When planning coverings, keep in mind that the floor must be 3 or 3.5 cm lower than the general level for tiles.
- Do not use light-colored floor grout. This leads to quick fouling.
- If durability is important to you, then give preference to stretch ceilings for the bathroom and toilet.
- In the bedroom, dimmers will be an excellent solution to create additional comfort.
- It is better to equip the hood with a closed box.
- Do not forget about the leads for the TV cable and the cable for the Internet. It is recommended that you leave leads for both cables, regardless of whether you use them.
- The electrician must go through several switches. So, if some technique knocks out traffic jams, electricity will remain in the house.
- Remember to equip your kitchen with enough outlets.
It is worth noting that many specific issues and aspects should be taken into account when repairing. Therefore, you need to take on the work only when you are completely sure that everything has been foreseen. If there is no such confidence, you better trust the professionals.Read more